About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Diana, wife to Ted. We are the parents to one miraculous 6-year-old little princess. Aside from my daughter my earthly passions include home-cooking at an intermediate level, Music, knitting, photography, learning Adobe Photoshop, digital scrapbooking, and online social networking.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What's on the Needles: Don't be a Chicken!

Ok, so the title of this post is both an introduction to an on-going post series and a cryptic reference to a STRANGE knitting experience I had today!

"What's on the Needles" will join "Fresh off the Needles" as ongoing posts that I will do to keep you all updated on my knitting projects. "What's on the Needles" will just track where I am in various knitting projects that I have in-progress.

Right now the only thing I have on the needles (aside from an abandoned project that is soon to be ripped out) is the back panel for a cabled baby sweater that I am hoping to have finished as a gift for a dear friend who is expecting a son in August. I am almost finished with the back panel and still have the front panel and both sleeves to go. I am knitting it on size 6 needles with Caron's Simply Soft acrylic. The pattern is from "Baby Knits for Beginners" by Debbie Bliss, but is heavily modified by me...so you won't actually find it if you look in that book, lol.


So I was sitting out in the sun working on it, while The Little Princess played...when something very out-of the ordinary happened...
Meet Woobster (so named by The Little Princess attempting to say "rooster"):

Where we are living I have seen wild turkeys, foxes, snapping turtles, porcupines, deer, bald eagles...but never an extremely cute/ugly domesticated chicken!

Woobster appeared out of nowhere, and came right up to my chair as I was sitting there knitting. He proceeded to follow The Little Princess and I around outside for about 1.5 hours until he apparently got bored and went on his merry way! Calls to neighbors yielded no answers as to his origin, and I sincerely hope he found his way home.

Thanks for reading!

Diana, The Ivy Kitchen

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Woobster...rofl...that still makes me laugh.
I tried to reply to your comment the other day but DUH can't do that! LOL! I'm so blonde.
I would love if you could make me a blog button!! That would be awesome!
I look forward to your posts. You should be a writer. :)

Kristle said...

Woobster is a cutie. :) And that sweater is going to be so nice! Great job!
Oh--my questions come from my Daily Meme's.. (On my sidebar). ;)
It's a great way to meet other bloggers and get people to visit your blog. :)

Nea.Leah said...

I can't wait to see the finished project. (of the sweater)