About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Diana, wife to Ted. We are the parents to one miraculous 6-year-old little princess. Aside from my daughter my earthly passions include home-cooking at an intermediate level, Music, knitting, photography, learning Adobe Photoshop, digital scrapbooking, and online social networking.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Powerless, Helpless, and Pampered

Today's blog entry shall contain no pretty pictures, no recipes, no unexpected chickens. Instead it shall contain a whine/rant/grumble about the power company showing up in the middle of preparations for a Pampered Chef Party that was to be held at my house tonight.

My list was a simple one:

Clean Bathroom
Do dishes
Clean Fridge (about which I was going to blog...)
Sweep/Mop/Vacuum
Shower
Cook Appetizers for Party (also about which I was going to blog...)

Just after noon today the electricity police showed up with a warrant for my arrest (well...the arrest of my meter box, anyway). I could bail myself out if I could fork over $237. I could not. I was helpless and didn't even have a tin cup to bang against the bars (it was dirty waiting for the dishwasher to have power again). My electricity privileges were revoked until I was able to use my one phone call to reach Dear Husband. The problem was eventually resolved (as may be obvious by my being here now), however, it took about 5 hours until the power was turned back on.

I had to drag half of my kitchen up to the In-law's house (in a little red wagon...no joke) so that I could cook the appetizers...I had to skip my shower (thank goodness, due to cooking, I smell like fresh crushed garlic most of the time anyway), and the dishes never did get finished...AND I had to wrangle DH into vacuuming right before guests arrived, but we pulled it off.

We had a moderately successful show, and aside from a splitting headache and lack of photos to blog with, I am no worse for the wear.

Thanks for listening *BOO-HOO*

-Diana, The Ivy Kitchen

P.S. Speaking of vacuuming, click on the "Win a Dyson Button" in my newly added "Fun Stuff!!!" section of my sidebar. It is a great giveaway being held by my friend Kristin.

5 comments:

Kristle said...

Poor poor Diana. ((hug)) I hope today is going better for you than yesterday did. :D

Becky said...

Oh, Diana! You make me laugh! Even when you're having a bad day, you have a wonderful way of expressing your woes that puts a positive spin on it all!
I'm glad it all worked out fine. The party was great and I'm so glad we could come. The food was delicious. Thanks for having us over!

Nea.Leah said...

That really sucks! I am glad though you got it back, but it must have been horrible waiting that long! UGH!

Jackie said...

awwwww im sorry you had a rough day....glad everything worked out though.

Wanted to let you know I added your button to my blog!!! thanks for adding mine to yours!!

Rhonda said...

I am glad that everything worked out in the end...and that DH had to vacuum...;) You have such a way with words, I don't know how you do it. Your jail analogy made me giggle!