About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Diana, wife to Ted. We are the parents to one miraculous 6-year-old little princess. Aside from my daughter my earthly passions include home-cooking at an intermediate level, Music, knitting, photography, learning Adobe Photoshop, digital scrapbooking, and online social networking.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fresh Off the Needles: Toddler Sun Dress

I finished my most recent knitting project this A.M. before getting to any much needed house work! But what is housework when those unfinished stitches are calling your name? :)

I have knit several tank tops for the Little Princess based on a pattern that I found on the Internet. But I changed the tank top pattern quite a bit to fit my needs (and my child, lol). After knitting a total of six of those, I decided to alter the pattern even more to try and make a little sun dress. I have knit baby dresses before so i used the knowledge I have gained from that to add a skirt portion to the tank top. I was worried about the outcome, because I am nowhere near to considering myself a knitwear designer. But this time the risk seems to have paid off! Here is the final result (I am hoping to knit a few more, if time permits):

I knit it with Caron's Simply Soft (and simply CHEAP, hahaha) on size 9 needles. Light Blue and White.



I chose the coloring and checked pattern to try and "match" this bonnet (which was given to the Little Princess by a random stranger at the local recycling center, lol). I take full credit for the shoddy Photoshop work!




So on to the next project! It will most likely be something for an upcoming, and very important baby shower in June. I just realized that is only 2 weeks away, so I better get those needles to smokin'!

-Diana, The Ivy Kitchen

3 comments:

Kristle said...

You do such awesome work Diana.. You are a truly talented woman! :) Thanks for making my button for me, I'm forever grateful!!

Anonymous said...

My female friends gave a chorus of "aww"s to the second photo.

And I saved it to my hard drive.

Dianne said...

I love it Diana! I am just finishing a tank with your pattern and am going to attempt a dress as well!