About Me

My photo
Hello! I am Diana, wife to Ted. We are the parents to one miraculous 6-year-old little princess. Aside from my daughter my earthly passions include home-cooking at an intermediate level, Music, knitting, photography, learning Adobe Photoshop, digital scrapbooking, and online social networking.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Dinner Nachos

Here is a quick little blog post for a quick, easy & tasty dinner that can feed a lot of people with very little food prep. I made dinner nachos for the first time last night, based on a recipe I had eaten at my friend Ash's house. This is a bit of an artery clogger, but it would be very easy to switch out many of the ingredients for lower fat ones. Also, you can embellish this anyway you like! I would have added fresh scallions if I had remembered to buy them. I would have added sliced black olives if my husband didn't pretend to vomit every time I serve them to him. You could also top it with chopped fresh cilantro, but don't invite me over, I am a member of this group: http://ihatecilantro.com/ .


Ingredients:
1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips
1 lb lean ground beef
3 cloves garlic
1 packet fajita seasoning
1/4 cup water.
1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 jar of salsa con queso (found near the salsa in the grocery store)
1/2 taco sauce
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
sour cream (optional)

In a skillet, brown ground beef with crushed garlic. When almost browned, add fajita seasoning & 1/4 cup water. Add black beans to skillet. Mix and stir another 2-3 minutes until fully cooked and beans are heated through. Drain & set aside.

Line a baking pan with parchment paper, and spread out a layer of chips.


Then layer on the beef & beans:

Followed by the salsa con queso (I don't usually go for cheeze-whiz type products, but I love salsa con "queso"):

Drizzle on the taco sauce:

Top with shredded cheddar.

Heat broiler and broil approx. 3 minutes until cheese is melted & slightly toasted.

Use a spatula to serve. Top with sour optional sour cream, chopped scallions, or (not) chopped cilantro.
I am guessing this will feed a family of 5-6 normal people. My husband and I were naughty and ate almost the whole pan...

Thanks for reading!

No comments: